Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages «<151617
Official HMS Bounty Build by tenderfoot Options
tenderfoot
#321 Posted : 16 November 2021 02:08:57

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

Next up is the intricate work at the bow and stem. However, Thanksgiving is upon us in just a few days so I may not have an update until after that. In the meantime I wish the best to everyone and am very grateful for all your support, kind words, and the community that lurks throughout this forum. Sit back, relax, enjoy your model building, and see you in a few days.
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - currently finishing up the standing rigging before moving onto the sails and wrapping this one up.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - follow the active build log

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.
tenderfoot
#322 Posted : 28 November 2021 19:18:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

The details at the bow are not terribly difficult since the laser cut pieces do fit quite nicely and only need a small amount of shaping. Kudos to the manufacturer!

The first step in the instructions calls for widening the hole in the stem to a height of 3mm. However, I found that on my stem the laser cut hole was already 3mm so I figured the manufacturer had corrected the error in production. What I did not do was consider why the hole needed to be widened. I soon found out.

First were the lower pieces that dress the bow to the stem. The piece against the bow only needed a slight bit of shaping to ensure it sat flush and proper. The smaller piece glued right into place. As always, I carefully removed the char on all edges. Once I had the two pieces glued into place I then sanded them slowly until I had one uniform piece.
tenderfoot attached the following image(s):
IMG_0635.jpg
IMG_0636.jpg
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - currently finishing up the standing rigging before moving onto the sails and wrapping this one up.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - follow the active build log

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.