Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages «<131415
Gibbo's DelPrado Victory Build Options
Gibbo
#281 Posted : 23 November 2021 12:21:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

goddo wrote:
[quote=Gibbo]Hi Tom
If you want the 1/84 scale try here https://www.woodysmodelworks.co.uk/victory.html#/[/quote]

You will have to be quick and very lucky now.
The website states that they have discontinued HMS Victory parts and just selling off their remaining stock.
It's a shame because I've had a few bits and pieces from them and it was all good quality.

Thanks Goddo but plymouth 57 is going to continue the build the build.
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. DeAgostini HMS VictoryCollecting: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
tom.ganc
#282 Posted : 23 November 2021 15:25:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Just checked the website and the stuff I need is gone... Crying

What can you do...

On another hand have you got any details where would I get more accurate and in scale rigging blocks?

Thanks
Tom

Gibbo wrote:
goddo wrote:
[quote=Gibbo]Hi Tom
If you want the 1/84 scale try here https://www.woodysmodelworks.co.uk/victory.html#/[/quote]

You will have to be quick and very lucky now.
The website states that they have discontinued HMS Victory parts and just selling off their remaining stock.
It's a shame because I've had a few bits and pieces from them and it was all good quality.

Thanks Goddo but plymouth 57 is going to continue the build the build.

goddo
#283 Posted : 23 November 2021 15:55:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

[quote=tom.ganc]Just checked the website and the stuff I need is gone... Crying
What can you do...
On another hand have you got any details where would I get more accurate and in scale rigging blocks?
Thanks
Tom[quote]

As far as the gun rigging is concerned, I fitted 2mm blocks instead of the ones supplied in the kit.
In my opinion, they look much more to scale. Each to their own.
I bought mine from a modelling shop and also Cornwall Boats but stocks are very low these days, as is everything else. First world problems......
Chris

tom.ganc
#284 Posted : 23 November 2021 17:17:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi
Yes got them too 2mm singles and 3mm doubles I think. I used single blocks on each side of the cannon and doubles at the rear.

I was more thinking about other blocks that are used. They seem bit low quality and as I'm thinking about using my own ropes I may go for the new blocks too. There is few changed things for example they way bowsprit is rigged to the keel, magazine uses double blocks and in reality they are heart blocks there. Just small things that make huuuuge difference as you know ;)

Regards
Tom

[quote=goddo][quote=tom.ganc]Just checked the website and the stuff I need is gone... Crying
What can you do...
Thanks
Tom
Quote:

As far as the gun rigging is concerned, I fitted 2mm blocks instead of the ones supplied in the kit.
I bought mine from a modelling shop and also Cornwall Boats but stocks are very low these days, as is everything else. First world problems......
Chris

Gibbo
#285 Posted : 23 November 2021 20:25:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

tom.ganc wrote:
Hi
Yes got them too 2mm singles and 3mm doubles I think. I used single blocks on each side of the cannon and doubles at the rear.

I was more thinking about other blocks that are used. They seem bit low quality and as I'm thinking about using my own ropes I may go for the new blocks too. There is few changed things for example they way bowsprit is rigged to the keel, magazine uses double blocks and in reality they are heart blocks there. Just small things that make huuuuge difference as you know ;)

Regards
Tom

[quote=goddo][quote=tom.ganc]Just checked the website and the stuff I need is gone... Crying
What can you do...
Thanks
Tom
Quote:

Chris

You could try here
http://www.shipwrightsho...tatic-Ship-Fittings.html
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. DeAgostini HMS VictoryCollecting: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Gibbo
#286 Posted : 23 November 2021 20:32:52

Just a quick update, the skid beams have been very lightly glued in place in case one of the crew falls over with scurvy or some such ailment and he can be treated urgently, i think the next step is the bow i've been putting it off way too long now.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
DSC_2647.JPG
Gibbo
#287 Posted : 25 November 2021 01:21:19

Well after thinking long and hard about the bow area ( and i do mean long, it's been a few years now ), i have decided to raid the Heller kit and use the plastic ones, i've tried various things with mocking up and so on but what i had originally made for it just didn't sit right, and the original kit didn't supply them, somebody had already painted the Heller parts without any prep so they will be cleaned up and re-painted, on the verticals i intend to glue on pre-painted sapele strips for hopefully a nice clean finish, i have taken off the top supplied metal strips and preped the hull for painting and will have to make good some of the elements around it, it's not going to be perfect as per the ship itself and there's going to be a bit of jiggery pokkery, but hopefully i can get to a point where i'm happy with it.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
DSC_2649.JPG
DSC_2651.JPG
DSC_2654.JPG