Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
NEW PAYMENT INFORMATION UPDATE Options
JOHN-GT40
#1 Posted : 25 November 2021 17:20:27

Groups:

deagostini/model space uk are now sending out two emails to subscribers so they can get up to date payment detail information from subscribers of Ford GT40 collection
hope this update helps every forum member

yours thankfully

JOHN-GT40
admin
#2 Posted : 25 November 2021 19:46:16

Groups: Administrator, Administrators

It has indeed taken forever to get this issue rectified, and it was complicated by the move to the new servers
, and the integration of retail directly into the website.

As much of a PITA re-registering might be, it will resolve all the payment issues.

Obviously, stocking issues remain, simply due to the supply chain issues we are all facing. But, those too are slowly being rectified. The largest problem child is still the Falcon.

Best, and a Happy Thanksgiving! (To my fellow ‘Muricans)

Mark
“The charm of fishing is the elusive pursuit of the attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

John Burton
CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 27 November 2021 10:47:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Sorry for my naivety, but does this apply across all kits or just this one?
admin
#4 Posted : 30 November 2021 06:52:02

The million £€$¥ question. I’d need to confirm, but from a conversation I had, the scheduling on the manufacturing is pretty far out, time wise. Enough so, that production was impacted by Covid. Obviously, things “ain’t got much betta” with that particular bit of ….(you know, I don’t even have adequate words for how I feel about Covid…)

I know that’s ambiguous but things are pretty fluid right now.

Hang in there!

Mark
“The charm of fishing is the elusive pursuit of the attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

John Burton
JOHN-GT40
#5 Posted : 30 November 2021 16:54:08

Groups:

Hi Mark
From conversation I have had with model space uk and new payment systems c/o DEAGOSTINI Europe
This has been put in place for subscribers of
1:8 scale Ford GT40
I hope this assist all forum members
NOTE:
You will receive two emails on the email address that was registered at start of process
Kind regards
JOHN-GT40
GlynD
#6 Posted : 01 December 2021 20:06:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I’m afraid it’s all as clear as mud to me Crying
Alfordboy17
#7 Posted : 02 December 2021 14:37:28

Groups:

I received an email on the 18th November from deAg saying I would be contacted within a few days regarding a link to be provided to restart payments etc.
As yet nothing received!!!
nickc78
#8 Posted : 02 December 2021 17:20:13

Alfordboy17 wrote:
I received an email on the 18th November from deAg saying I would be contacted within a few days regarding a link to be provided to restart payments etc.
As yet nothing received!!!

Similar here. I was told on the phone that the first batch of emails went out last friday (26th Nov), and there was a second batch being sent on Monday (29th Nov). I've had nothing so far, and been checking my SPAM folder just in case.
semaj
#9 Posted : 06 December 2021 14:43:32

I've nit recieved a second email either regarding this problem. I always paid via PayPal, do I still have to re register? Does anyone actually know what's going on? Who do I contact about this to get my sub back up and running? I am moving house imminently and this is the last thing I need adding to the stress of everything
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Shauncnh
#10 Posted : 06 December 2021 20:03:42

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I spoke to customer services about this with my subscription on Friday, they told me that the second email will be sent out in the next couple of weeks and that everyone will be sent the second email with the link in twice. The second email will be sent from deagostini in Italy so it will probably go into your spam folder so to also check that. They also said that they will be phoning anyone that doesn’t update their payment details using the link in the emails to help update their payment details over the phone.
Hope this helps everyone and hopefully they will get this problem sorted soon.

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
Exile31
#11 Posted : 02 January 2022 11:23:01

Shauncnh wrote:
I spoke to customer services about this with my subscription on Friday, they told me that the second email will be sent out in the next couple of weeks…

Regards Shaun

We’ve been hearing that since last November! I must just add that UK Customer Services have been informative and helpful and for that my thanks. Sadly to date none of their words have been backed up by actions from Italy!

New Year’s Resolution: Remove head from sand and find better ways of wasting my time in 2022.

Even when and if you see the recommencement of deliveries - how confident do you feel in the UK that continued Brexit fallout at the Border will not once more throw your hopes & dreams into disarray? Let’s not even mention Covid!

After 8 months of waiting - fair to say I have allowed reasonable opportunity for DeAg to get their house in order. I have in business as in my private life always adhered to the “First loss is the best loss” rule. So far only wasted £350 which I will eventually attempt to recover - not from DeAg (now that truly would be a waste of time!) but from the secondary market - that is of course if the GT40 even continues? Do I want to throw more money away based on experience of the past 8 months - I think not. Time then to cut my losses…

Good luck to you all - especially to those of you who actually believe all will be resolved and DeAgostini will magically become an efficient & organised Company!

Happy New Year and goodbye….
"If you can smile when things go wrong - you have someone in mind to blame."
goddo
#12 Posted : 02 January 2022 14:22:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Well, I must say that I agree with every word written here by Exile31 and I wish him well for the future.
I am in a very fortunate position that I do not have any part works outstanding. Purely by luck, I would add. I am currently about 2/3rds of the way through HMS Victory (complete kit) and I have one other complete model ship kit waiting under the bench, so good few years of work ahead of me BigGrin.
For that I am truly grateful but I have every sympathy for all the modellers sitting waiting for parts that in reality will probably never arrive. At the same time I sincerely hope that I will be proved wrong.
I am not quite ready to abandon this forum just yet, although happy modellers are noticeably thinner on here these days. It is certainly a quieter and sadder place than when I first joined in 2011.
Chris
CaptnBirdseye
#13 Posted : 02 January 2022 20:08:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Unfortunately I’m one of those poor souls that haven’t even received their FIRST email, let alone the second!
I cancelled all my subs except Falcon, which I was too heavily invested in.
Having rung CS throughout, I believed what they were telling me, but their credulity is wearing a bit thin. Funny how I can order ANYTHING I need from all over the world (yes I’ve had orders from the US, even Australia!), but can’t seem to get stuff from Italy. Coming to the end of my patience with DeAgistini over their handling of this, and the Tomick fiasco! They seem to forget the first rule of business: the customer is King!
Nuff said
birdaj2
#14 Posted : 02 January 2022 21:15:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

It is a great shame things have gone the way they have.

One golden rule i always work to is ‘full honesty” and sadly that has not been the case in my opinion dealing with deagostini.

My Harley Davidson was refunded which could be seen as a “result” but that was a “painful” experience and left my most favourite build with a kit that can never be finished.

Similar with the lambourghini which was 2 packs away from completion and its only down to the amazing efforts of Mark (admin) that got me these 2 packs so i could complete this build.

What is sad is the fact this experience has really put me off partwork builds now. I have the hachette bismarck and spitfire builds at the moment but the spitfire is turning into a similar disaster with a “rubbish” display base, wings not fitting correctly, a company announcement saying “dont install the circuit board” as there is an issue we are trying to resolve.

Few years ago partworks were for me as it allowed me to buy expensive, unique, models on “easy terms” but now there seems to be reduced choice and what choice there is seems full of problems.

Did have high hopes agora models might be a contender but all they seem to offer (on the whole) are re-releases of previous offerings at even higher pricing.

Think the day of the part work company is coming to a sad end unless they take a long hard look at themselves.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
COLLECTING 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar
ON HOLD: Lam Countach - been advised parts now expected early 2022
Sweetooth
#15 Posted : 02 January 2022 23:28:38

I to was waiting for the last 2 packs of the Lamborghini for over 15 months
Last pack for etype jag over 15 months
Last pack of the mig
And from pack 10 for millennium falcon
Getting pretty fed up
tenderfoot
#16 Posted : 03 January 2022 04:29:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

Please, bear with me here as I completely understand everyone's frustration and in no way do I consider anyone's feelings or experiences to be unwarranted...

The past couple years have been a tremendous burden on every, single individual in this world. We have each been asked to take on responsibilities that have never been requested of us previously regardless of if we think that responsibility is properly placed. This is not the place nor the time for me to go into the particulars of those responsibilities, but it is the time for me to ask that we all take a step back and ensure that responsibility has been properly placed. This is not something for me to decide but is an individual decision based upon our experiences and expectations.

The previous statement is quite mouthy but also pointed. We each have our own perspectives and respect should be given accordingly. However, as guidance towards the perspective that each derives from recent experiences with DeAgostini during the past two years of Covid World I strongly suggest you take into consideration the incredible mountain of issues the logistics chain has presented due to the world's reaction to Covid.

Let me help establish a picture of my perspective. I am responsible for the purchase of over $43 million in technology for a US organization. An order of about $10 million was placed in July of 202 and I have only received about $3 million of it to date. This is not due to poor customer service nor poor planning, it is nothing more than the reality of what we have willingly done to our supply chains for the sake of world safety. Not judging right or wrong, just stating a fact. And if I am experiencing issues with the purchase power of millions of dollars then I know, without a doubt, that most companies around the globe are experiencing even worse.

The reality is the entire developed world is based on an instant supply chain in that goods no longer sit on shelves and racks in warehouses waiting to be ordered but are instead manufactured and delivered on a near constant basis. This model has been around for a couple decades and is what has helped us fortunate ones in the developed world to enjoy low cost products as the cost of warehousing has all but been eliminated.

As for subscription based products such as those sold by DeAgostini, the impact due to the break in the logistics chain is 10-fold. Now we are talking about not only trying to get our hands on a single order (factory to mailbox), but now we are expecting a chain of orders to be fulfilled without fail (factory to mailbox). This simply cannot be maintained until the supply chain is repaired.

DeAgostini is a victim as much as we are. They did not ask for the supply chain to be rendered impotent nor did they ask for the manufacturing facilities to shut down or for workers to stay home. And of course, everyone in this forum is a victim as well. So what does all this wordy mumbo jumbo that I just typed mean for us?

Patience. Understanding. Caring. Consideration. Remember, DeAgostini is a group of people, just like us. DeAgostini are people who come to work each day and are trying their best regardless of the circumstances they find themselves in - just like each of us. I guarantee the people of DeAgostini do not want to be in this position. I am also fairly certain, especially since DeAgostini has been around for a century, that they want to deliver the goods just as they had prior to these Covid years.

I get it, we pay for a product and we want the goods. Heck, I am stuck trying to get fulfillment from a different subscription-based model company who are facing the same issues. I have about $600 committed to the model to date and there is currently no end in sight in regards to when the subscription will be completed - I have not received anything since April of 2021, but at least the company is still around. So I am simply waiting. in the grand scheme of things, my model subscription is spectacularly miniscule and so I wait with patience. I do not blame the supplier. I do not blame the manufacturer. I do not blame anyone as that will do no good. Instead, I find other things to do while I wait and hope that others do the same.

The age of Covid will pass and hopefully DeAgostinin, this forum, and many thousands of other companies, families, and people that are struggling will survive. Until then all we can do is have patience and consideration for our fellow humans.
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.
bfam4t6
#17 Posted : 03 January 2022 05:59:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Well said Tenderfoot. I too have experienced “uncontrollable” supply chain shortages in my industry, and lead times change constantly. All I can do is monitor and report. No amount of calling of emailing will get me supplies any faster, and my entire industry is in the same boat.

I also have been waiting on partwork issues for months. The delays and random skipped months started over a year ago. I’ve even lost two packages to shipping companies…dying in the “in transit” phase, never to be delivered. I should have my entire Jaguar by now, but received month 15 in June, and nothing since.

All that said, I agree with Tenderfoot, and feel like patient optimism is my best path forward…assuming that I would at some point like to finish all my ongoing partworks, and I would. I honestly don’t know what else to do besides just wait.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
-Porsche 2.7 RS
-Jaguar E-Type

Currently Collecting
-Ferrari F40
-Ferrari 250 GTO
-Lamborghini Miura
-Ford GT40
-Ecto-1
-Japanese Zero

GlynD
#18 Posted : 03 January 2022 18:21:21

Hi everyone, I can only agree with everything here, however my only wish would be for DeAgostini or whoever is trying to get to grips with the problem to let us know exactly what is happening instead of promises about emails to set up payment details again. I have paid through PayPal so I can’t see a problem with that.What worries me most is the uncertainty about exactly what the problems are ,and obviously Exile31 is thinking of cutting his losses with the possibility that the build will never be completed. I’m currently in the hole to the tune of about £1000 with 18 payments to date plus about £100 in parts and paint some of which will be delivered this week and really need issue 19 to be of use,I’m glad I didn’t pay for the display case I have planned for the model ( £150).
So if CS could actually give me a little more detail about progress or lack of it I would be a lot happier.GlynD
admin
#19 Posted : 04 January 2022 09:04:05

GlynD wrote:
Hi everyone, I can only agree with everything here, however my only wish would be for DeAgostini or whoever is trying to get to grips with the problem to let us know exactly what is happening instead of promises about emails to set up payment details again. I have paid through PayPal so I can’t see a problem with that.What worries me most is the uncertainty about exactly what the problems are ,and obviously Exile31 is thinking of cutting his losses with the possibility that the build will never be completed. I’m currently in the hole to the tune of about £1000 with 18 payments to date plus about £100 in parts and paint some of which will be delivered this week and really need issue 19 to be of use,I’m glad I didn’t pay for the display case I have planned for the model ( £150).
So if CS could actually give me a little more detail about progress or lack of it I would be a lot happier.GlynD

I think that if it could fix it for DeAgostini, when players like the above are suffering the same issues, and anyone who figures out the fix, will have their ticket to wealth beyond imagining.

Germany is now up to 21, but I’ve been stalled on 19 for months. I’m waiting on some bits from 29Design to arrive, before I really dig in. But, I’m 100% confident I’ll be able to finish my sub. And, I’m not saying that because I’m Admin, but because I pay for mine.

Stay well,

Mark

John Burton
GlynD
#20 Posted : 04 January 2022 13:18:11

Hi Mark, I appreciate the message but If Germany has received packs 19/20/21 why haven’t we here in the UK I personally think that if we could get another one or two packs it would give DeAg/MS or whoever a welcome bit of breathing space as we got to carry on with the build