Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages 123>»
Detail packs Options
jase
#1 Posted : 22 August 2010 21:56:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

On 21st August I spent 3 hours on the Victory and took over 700 pics! I was very lucky one of the guide was a keen model maker and I was granted access to areas usually closed to the public such as the poop deck and even invited to hold Nelsons fork with knife!! As well as taking lots of detail photos I glean lots of information about what is incorrect on the current victory compared to the original at Trafalgar.

(NOTE the mahogany deck... not correct in either colour or size as victory's original deck was oak. The current deck came from the royal yacht 'Victoria and Albert' when scrapped!!)

I could just dump all the pics on the forum, but as my aim is to help those who want to get some more detail accuracy into their model, i have decided to put detail packs together. Each pack will focus on a specific area of the ship and will contain a combination of my pictures, plans, narrative on detail and historical accuracy and tips on how to model the detail. the packs will cover exterior and interior details for those creating dioramas or the open gun deck options as well as uniforms and planking details and lots of rigging close ups.

the packs will be in word format initially and email-able as a folder, oh and they will be free before somebody asks!

it will take some time to put these together so i am going to create them in the order required by the build process and then announced each pack on this thread when complete. anybody wishing one just needs to leave me a private message with an email address and i will send the pack.

I will put the first pack on this forum to give you an idea of content but the sheer number of photos means that my photobucket account would not cope with both this and my build diary.

The first pack should be out this week and will focus on the Quarter Galleries... watch this space!!Mellow
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Jack Sparrow
#2 Posted : 22 August 2010 22:01:28

Groups:

I would be most grateful to have a copy of every pack you put together!BigGrin Thank you so very much for your time and effort putting them together, It is very much appreciated!!BigGrin BigGrin
Zeptrader
#3 Posted : 22 August 2010 22:02:53

Groups:

That sounds like a superb idea, I'll have some of that.
Dontshootme
#4 Posted : 22 August 2010 22:03:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'll be in for some of that please.
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
riff-raff
#5 Posted : 22 August 2010 22:08:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Add me to your contacts list for these please - and thank you for taking the time and effort to create these packsBigGrin I will PM you my email address
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

Building:HMS Surprisel. Hatchette U96. Soleil Royal.
Mac
#6 Posted : 22 August 2010 22:17:22

Me too Jase, great idea much appreciatedBigGrin
Pam's shipyard is closed for now no more room!

Mike Turpin
#7 Posted : 22 August 2010 23:37:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

Sounds a great idea Jase, could you be persuaded to convert your packs to pdf before sending them? So much better than Word docs.

Either way I would appreciate copies and will PM you my e-mail address.

Mike T
snowtiger
#8 Posted : 22 August 2010 23:38:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Count me in as well please Jase....many thanks for your time and efforts...BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
gingerale
#9 Posted : 23 August 2010 00:13:06

Groups:

You're a gentleman. Add me too, please.
I will send you a PM with my e-mail address.
Many thanks.
Boaz
#10 Posted : 23 August 2010 00:18:17

What a star jase.
Put my name down mate please.
Many thanks

BobThumpUp
piot007
#11 Posted : 23 August 2010 10:09:20

Great idea can you put me down for all packs please.BigGrin I will PM you my email
i dont know what weapons will be used in ww3 but ww4 will be sticks and stones.
jonny7england
#12 Posted : 23 August 2010 10:13:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Deal me in for all your packs please Jase...thanks for the time and effort you put in on the photographic side, and your very generous offer...cheers mate...ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
KevinWalsh
#13 Posted : 23 August 2010 13:38:17

What a fantastic idea and offer, count me in please. PM sent.

Kev
Cornwallray
#14 Posted : 23 August 2010 16:03:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Could I be put on your list please PM sent.

Cheers for this

Ray
Built
Billings Le Bayard
Mamoli Golden Hind
Corel Shenandoah
In Progress
AL King of the Mississippi
Mantua HMY Britannia 1893/HMS Victory 1/98 Stopped
Yet to start
AL Zuiderzee Botter (Pre laser)Fun fun fun
Constructo HMS Victory
Caldercraft HMS Victory
Deag HMS Victory
jase
#15 Posted : 23 August 2010 20:37:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

wow i have not been this popular since i had a huge bag of jelly babies at primary school.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Jack Sparrow
#16 Posted : 23 August 2010 21:04:59

Groups:

jase wrote:
wow i have not been this popular since i had a huge bag of jelly babies at primary school.

You have jelly babies too!!!!Drool LOL Drool I will have some of those as well!!!!BigGrin BigGrin LOL Flapper LOL
jase
#17 Posted : 23 August 2010 21:06:39

As promised this is the first detail pack. I will send this to all the email addresses i have been given and all the subsequent packs will follow as they are ready.

Quarter Galleries Detail Pack

Content.

Photo gallery
1. Full quarter gallery view. Note the lead roof and that the detail to the rear of the lower windows is different to the upper two rows. Also note all the windows are recessed
2. Clear view of the tassel carving with the leaf relief
3. Pattern close up above the leaf and tassel
4. Full bottom carving detail showing relationship between beading, carving and hull paint
5. Full bottom section of port quarter gallery. Note in-between each window is the jointing detail for the painted copper plate used as weatherproofing. The copper plate stops half way around the beading
6. Upper counter rail detail, the beading at the base of the stern windows and its meeting with the hull. The copper plating is clearer.
7. Baluster bottom and moulding detail
8. Forward jointing of the lead roofing on the quarter galleries
9. Quarter gallery roofing detail and jointing to stern timbers. Also note the moulding detail on the stern timber edge
10. Rear moulding detail. Note how the moulding that has run under the balusters of the Admirals day cabin gently taper off.

Plan details
1. Timber frame construction plan for quarter gallery (note the timber positions are correct to the real ship)

Tips
My plan to emulate the lead roof is to use thick foil

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy1/jase1970_2010/victory%20build/IMG_3216.jpg
-Mark Twain
riff-raff
#18 Posted : 23 August 2010 21:06:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I too would like some Jelly-Babies but how are we going to download them ??
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

Building:HMS Surprisel. Hatchette U96. Soleil Royal.
Jack Sparrow
#19 Posted : 23 August 2010 21:19:32

Groups:

riff-raff wrote:
I too would like some Jelly-Babies but how are we going to download them ??

MMMMMMMMM hadnt thought of that!!!!!LOL LOL LOL
CMB
#20 Posted : 23 August 2010 21:48:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

It’s the Jelly Babies that did it for me. Please put me down for a full pack and throw in the Victory details as well.
The first pictures look great.
I will PM you my details.
Regards
CMB.BigGrin