Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages 123>»
1:65 Royal Warship Vasa - Now on sale! Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 14 January 2016 10:59:53

Groups:

Now on sale: https://www.model-space..../gb/build-the-vasa.html Drool

https://www.youtube.com/...edded&v=20ItThUDVjM

The model has been designed by Artesania Latina under guidance of the Vasa Museum and 'Frederick Hocker', who since 2004 as Director of Vasa Research, has been responsible for the comprehensive publication of the find.
He has provided the most current information of the ship and assisted in the kit design.

Vasa Museum video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su69apBS81I

Frederick Hocker has noted this information:
"There are four wooden kits of Vasa on the market. The Corel, Mantua and Billings kits are all rather old, and were developed before the ship had been completely reconstructed, so they all have errors.
The closest overall is the Billings kit, in terms of hull shape, but the sculptures are plastic and much simplified. The Mantua kit has the best sculptures and fittings, but is larger and more expensive. The Corel kit has a reputation of being difficult to build.

DeAgostini of Italy have released a new Vasa kit, sold as monthly installments. We assisted in the development of this kit, and so it is much more accurate and buildable than the older kits. It is already available in Italy, and will be released in other markets soon. I can recommend it highly."

Tomick attached the following image(s):
VASA-uk-Topbanner_50.jpg
Gandale
#2 Posted : 14 January 2016 15:38:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Now this I cannot pass by..... Look forward to this appearing in the not too distant future.... Fab looking kit.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 14 January 2016 16:05:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

OH boy I hope this comes to USA.It will look great next top my Soverign of the seas.

arpurchase
#4 Posted : 14 January 2016 19:06:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Drool Drool Drool Drool One to look out for me thinksDrool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Martyn Ingram
#5 Posted : 14 January 2016 19:25:28

All I can say is Drool Love Drool Love Drool Love
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
magpie1832
#6 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:02:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Tech Support, Forum Support Team, Moderator, Registered, Official Builds, Global Forum Support

Absolute gorgeous model ship. Would be one i would like to do.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

birdaj2
#7 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:05:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Well that has stamped the boxes a s to my next subscription.

Had a feeling there might be something coming along especially as the new year tv adverts this year have been rather lacking in the number of partwork builds from all companies.

Looks a real good one.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
COLLECTING 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar
ON HOLD: Lam Countach - been advised parts now expected early 2022
greyhawk
#8 Posted : 14 January 2016 23:04:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

stevie_o
#9 Posted : 14 January 2016 23:47:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

nightwisher
#10 Posted : 15 January 2016 01:05:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Don't think I will be able to resistance this little beauty.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Tomick
#11 Posted : 15 January 2016 13:27:33

Groups:

She's going to be a real beauty Drool

The model has been designed by Artesania Latina under guidance of the Vasa Museum and 'Frederick Hocker', who since 2004 as Director of Vasa Research, has been responsible for the comprehensive publication of the find.
He has provided the most current information of the ship and assisted in the kit design.

Hocker's book "Vasa I" is a huge 491 page reference book...

https://www.oxbowbooks.com/oxbow/vasa-i.html

Also available from "Casemate" in the USA.

"Vasa II" is due for publication in 2018, which will contain Vasa plans and information new published in Vasa I, along with Eva Stolt illustrations from the Bjorn Landström book noted below.

Another excellent reference book is "The Royal Warship Vasa" by Bjorn Landström - though is long since out of print and can be very costly as it is a unique reference source.
The illustrations in the Landström book are of real value. He worked with Eva Marie Stolt - she was responsible for recording the ship in the 1960's and 70's and spent a year crawling around in the ship before starting the paintings.
The illustrations of the ship under construction are particularly good, and accurate for the most part. The colour scheme she used was based on what the museum thought at the time, before the paint remains had been analyzed. However some of the book text is inaccurate. Landström was an excellent observer and artist, but he was not a historian. He is one of those responsible for the myth that the meddling Swedish king altered the specifications of the ship after construction started, and some of what he says about the history of the ship either cannot be substantiated or does not tally with the evidence.
On balance, this book is an excellent source for the Vasa model maker who want's to know how the ship was constructed.

The 1/10 scale Vasa museum model - The sculptures are painted in what are believed to be the original colours...
http://www.modelships.de...m/Photos-Vasa-model.htm

Info about the museum 1/10 scale model
http://www.vasamuseet.se...bitions/The-Vasa-model/
Gandale
#12 Posted : 15 January 2016 16:49:45

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

10 Lessons learned on the Vasa sinking. No definitive reason given for her sinking but more like the culmination of events that caused her eventual demise.... Interesting reading..... Cool Cool

http://faculty.up.edu/lu...ilure/vasacasestudy.pdf

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#13 Posted : 16 January 2016 10:39:59

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That is one stunning model.

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

On the ever extending list of must haves.

Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

experten
#14 Posted : 17 January 2016 02:55:03

Red Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I might have to put my Corel Vasa on ebay... This is a much better looking model!
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
ian smith
#15 Posted : 27 March 2016 11:44:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Another sweet boat to add to the wish listCool Cool Drool Drool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Martyn Ingram
#16 Posted : 31 October 2016 18:08:03

Love Wow looking forward to this one BigGrin Drool Love

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
pemberg
#17 Posted : 31 October 2016 20:07:17

Certainly looks very impressive, will I be able to resist?
Graeme
darbyvet
#18 Posted : 31 October 2016 20:32:32

Groups: Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I have only seen this as a wooden finish ship before.I love the color version.I hope it comes to USA.

Carl

birdaj2
#19 Posted : 31 October 2016 21:06:56

Looks an interesting one and it did catch my eye earlier in the year when it had a mention.

Have a feeling 2017 will cause stress deciding which kit to invest in. Wonder what else might come along Confused
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
COLLECTING 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar
ON HOLD: Lam Countach - been advised parts now expected early 2022
Gandale
#20 Posted : 31 October 2016 23:40:02

This is a kit I think will by high on my hit list, not sure I can resist.....Cool Cool Cool ... Love to see this one appear on the forum.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan