Gohfelder´s Black Pearl Options
Tomick
#21 Posted : 19 January 2013 21:24:07

Groups:

Here it is in Germany....looks a nice kit
http://www.bau-die-black-pearl.de/

der Gohfelder
#22 Posted : 20 January 2013 16:46:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Weekends work is done, half of this deck is completed :-)
For information: the planks are 3x1 mm bought coloured on EBay.
der Gohfelder attached the following image(s):
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
Tomick
#23 Posted : 20 January 2013 19:36:49

Groups:

Looks good Bernd Cool
Gandale
#24 Posted : 20 January 2013 22:15:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Looking good Bernd and I love the colour of the decking....

Regards

Alan
der Gohfelder
#25 Posted : 20 January 2013 22:29:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Mister T. and Alan, thanks for your kind comments!

Regards, Bernd
ian smith
#26 Posted : 21 January 2013 23:43:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Brent.
Comming along nicely. Keep up the good work.Ian.
BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
MWG
#27 Posted : 22 January 2013 16:47:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Bernd, fantastic build, I love the concept of one side being openBigGrin thanks for sharing. best regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

der Gohfelder
#28 Posted : 23 January 2013 20:04:01

Ian & Mike, thank you very much for your comments!
Now the deck is completed and I have to wait 4 weeks for the next issues......

Regards, Bernd

IMG_0035.JPG
der Gohfelder
#29 Posted : 17 February 2013 20:09:26

Yesterday the next issues arrived, "planking" begins. There are some bigger parts with the gun ports
inside. In my opinion these parts are too big, I needed superglue to fix them. I´ve also got the first
parts for the inside planking, they only should be painted. Of cause I don´t like this and so I made a
planking with the same wood I used for the decks.
In my first posts I told you, that MDF is used for the frames (correct word???). This material is very bad
for nailing! I had to drill for each nail because MDF is too strong to get a nail in it. The surface of MDF has
to be sanded, if you don´t do it the glue doesn´t work.

Regards, Bernd

IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG
Gandale
#30 Posted : 17 February 2013 21:34:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Looking great Bernd, coming along very nicely indeed....

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#31 Posted : 03 March 2013 14:57:03

Groups:

Your deck planking looks a big improvement compared with the paper deck overlay provided with the kit Cool
Mo
#32 Posted : 03 March 2013 17:19:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

der Gohfelder wrote:
Yesterday the next issues arrived, "planking" begins. There are some bigger parts with the gun ports
inside. In my opinion these parts are too big, I needed superglue to fix them. I´ve also got the first
parts for the inside planking, they only should be painted. Of cause I don´t like this and so I made a
planking with the same wood I used for the decks.
In my first posts I told you, that MDF is used for the frames (correct word???). This material is very bad
for nailing! I had to drill for each nail because MDF is too strong to get a nail in it. The surface of MDF has
to be sanded, if you don´t do it the glue doesn´t work.

Regards, Bernd

Yes Bernd, it will be M D F. Medium Density Fibreboard. Very hard to work with, Your build is looking good.

Mo. 👏. 👍
Mo
der Gohfelder
#33 Posted : 03 March 2013 18:26:52

Hi Tom & Mo!
Thanks for your kind comments! Let´s wait and see what is coming next BigGrin

Regards, Bernd
ian smith
#34 Posted : 10 March 2013 00:39:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Bernd.
Looking fantastic. Decking looks the business.look forward to seeing your progress. Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
der Gohfelder
#35 Posted : 10 March 2013 01:01:38

Hi Ian!
Thanks for your kind comment! I´m still waiting for the next issues, I think the "real" planking has to be started next :-)

Regards, Bernd
MWG
#36 Posted : 10 March 2013 09:17:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Your Build is looking really good BigGrin Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

der Gohfelder
#37 Posted : 10 March 2013 09:34:12

Hi Mike!
Thanks for your comment! It would be a good kit for you, there are a lot of extensions to be done BigGrin

Regards, Bernd
MWG
#38 Posted : 10 March 2013 09:50:37

der Gohfelder wrote:
Hi Mike!
Thanks for your comment! It would be a good kit for you, there are a lot of extensions to be done BigGrin

Regards, Bernd

Hi Bernd, will it come to the UK? kind regards Mike

der Gohfelder
#39 Posted : 10 March 2013 12:02:32

Hi!
Sorry, I don´t know.....Confused

Regards, Bernd
der Gohfelder
#40 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:08:01

Hi!
In the last delivery one part was missing and I could not go on working. Yesterday the
missing part arrived and so I had to complete the inside planking of the hull. The "normal"
version has only wooden parts which are painted. Of cause I made it like the decks with
wooden strips in grey. I think in the next issues ( >32) the outside planking has to be done.

Regards, Bernd
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG