Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages <12345>»
Gohfelder´s Black Pearl Options
Gandale
#41 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:21:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Nice work Bernd, the grey planking looks excellent, should give a nice ghostly feel to the ship.....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
der Gohfelder
#42 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:41:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi Alan!
Thanks for your nice comment! I use colored strips (bought at EBay). They are easy to use because the color
is not only outside on the wood, they are also grey inside and you have a good look when you cut them. They are available in different colors and dimensions. When I start the second layer of the outside planking I have to look for some of these strips in a darker grey to have a second color for the hull BigGrin

Regards, Bernd
Hans
#43 Posted : 15 April 2013 10:42:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Brilliant job, love those lanterns too. Keep it up and the pics coming.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
der Gohfelder
#44 Posted : 15 April 2013 17:11:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Hans!
Thank you very much for your kind comment!BigGrin

Regards, Bernd
Tomick
#45 Posted : 15 April 2013 21:58:31

Groups:

Are the lanterns part of the kit Bernd or are they your extras?

Nice looking model by the way
ThumpUp
der Gohfelder
#46 Posted : 27 April 2013 20:37:41

Hi Mr T.!
They are part of the kit. Thanks for your nice comment!

Regards, Bernd
der Gohfelder
#47 Posted : 27 April 2013 20:47:18

Hi!
Last week issues 32-35 arrived. In the first issues the gratings have to be made. In the diary you can see, that I´ve made my own gratings. The original gratings are made of some photo edged parts which are glued one over the other. That´s really ugly, wooden gratings are looking much better. My gratings are in one part glued on the deck, original in the new issues are nice wooden frames and the gratings are removable. IThat´s the reason, why I had to remove my grating and make some new, now it´s OK.
In the last issue the planking of the hull begins, one side of the model is completely to be planked (!). I´ve got 6x1mm lime wood strips, bad dimensions I think (4x2mm would have been better for a small model like the Pearl). In the instructions the strips only have to be glued without any nails. Nice idea, I don´t trust in this method and nailed them all. In the instruction is written (free translated):
"don´t worry if the hull is a little bit bumpy, with the second layer everything will be looking nice"
There is not any word about sanding or filling.........
Of cause I know I´m not the world-best-modeller, but I don´t think that will be possible. If newbies build this ship as written in the description, I´m sure a lot of models go the direct way to the wastebag.

Regards, Bernd

der Gohfelder attached the following image(s):
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
Tomick
#48 Posted : 27 April 2013 22:20:21

Groups:

Will it be single or double planked?
der Gohfelder
#49 Posted : 27 April 2013 22:25:14

Hi Mr.T!
It will be double planked, but I don´t know which wood will be used for the second layer in the regular version.
My idea is to use the same material as I had used for the decks planking and additional a second type of wood like ebony.

Regards, Bernd
Gandale
#50 Posted : 27 April 2013 23:18:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Nice work Bernd... Cool Cool .. I quite like the idea of removable gratings, providing there is something underneath them to view rather than just an empty lower deck..... Keep the posts coming.... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
der Gohfelder
#51 Posted : 28 April 2013 08:43:33

Thanks for your comment, Alan!
Below the gratings are the "guestrooms" of the Pearl (see post #23). Lateron I want to place there some captured guys and rats BigGrin

Regards, Bernd
arpurchase
#52 Posted : 28 April 2013 09:59:08

BigGrin Hi Bernd
Nice work there and I guess we have all experienced the more shall we say ambiguous instructions in builds before now. keep the pic's coming
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

der Gohfelder
#53 Posted : 28 April 2013 10:15:11

Hi Andy!
Thanks for your kind comment. I think it´s really sad if a newbie starts this fantastic hobby but has to stop with it because he is dissapointed about himselve only because there are bad instructions (what doesn´t know)

Regards, Bernd
Gandale
#54 Posted : 28 April 2013 10:24:38

der Gohfelder wrote:
Thanks for your comment, Alan!
Below the gratings are the "guestrooms" of the Pearl (see post #23). Lateron I want to place there some captured guys and rats BigGrin

Regards, Bernd

Now that would be a very nice touch Bernd, a dia within the ship.... Look forward to seeing how it turns out.... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
claret
#55 Posted : 28 April 2013 11:28:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Great work Bernd.

Love the grey colours!

Claret
Also working on:
SOTS.
Moebius 1/32 Flying Sub with PE & lights.

Waiting in the wings:
Polarlights Spindrift from Land of the Giants.

finished:
007 Iconic DB5.
der Gohfelder
#56 Posted : 28 April 2013 11:49:34

Hi Claret!
Thank you very much for your kind comment!

Regards, Bernd
der Gohfelder
#57 Posted : 28 April 2013 13:46:46

Hi Dominic!
Thanks for your kind comment!
Of cause I don´t know what Hachette is planning. In germany they started this kit in Oktober ´12, in January 13
they made new orders only with starting issue No. 8, the issues 1-7 were no more available. That´s no good sign to be a bestseller......
I know that the Pearl is offered in Japan and Russia, maybe GB at next????

Regards, Bernd
der Gohfelder
#58 Posted : 20 May 2013 10:25:48

Hi!
Now the second half of the pearl has got it´s first planking, on the pic you can see how much of the hull will be open. Also the first guns are prepared.

Regards, Bernd

der Gohfelder attached the following image(s):
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
Gandale
#59 Posted : 20 May 2013 22:22:02

Loving this build Bernd, she really is coming on a treat.... Drool Drool BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#60 Posted : 21 May 2013 12:44:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Bernd.
Comming along nicely. look forward to seeing more.
keep up the excellent work ian. CoolCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.